Saturday, January 7, 2012

All You Can Eat Hibachi $11.95- whaaaat?

This has to be one of Memphis' best kept lunch secrets.  All you can eat hibachi at the Sekisui off Humphries, only $11.95.  Steak, chicken, shrimp, veggies, fried rice and it comes with a starter of soup and salad. Unreal.  It's everyday during lunch- until 1:45.  And before your plate is even empty, the hibachi guy is offering you more.  It's a dream come true for Cole, who was not born with the internal mechanism that alerts your brain that you are full.

I was a little worried going to Sekisui in my condition on a Saturday afternoon- no make-up, hair in a sweat band, over sized hoodie, and yoga pants.  But I was relieved and pleased to see everyone else at the hibachi table dressed the exact same way.  It's a lazy/hungover diners dream.

I am a sushi lover, and they will still bring you their famous sushi over to the hibachi area.  I got a half order of cucumber rolls and a cucumber-avocado roll.  Delicious as always.  But beware, don't expect a lot by the way of service if you are getting anything besides the hibachi.  I put in my order for the sushi and never saw the waitress again.  I had decided to get a sprite and miso soup and had to go to the receptionist station to put my order it.  And I ate my sushi with a fork somehow; she never brought chop sticks and I was too lazy to get up again.  They must know service is lacking, because anyone who gets the all you can eat deal automatically gets 15% gratuity added to the bill.  But, when the total check, including tax and tip, is only $26, the poor service is tolerable.

So if you're looking to overeat on your lunch break, or gorge yourself on a lazy weekend afternoon, head to Sekisui and get all the shrimp, steak, and chicken you can handle.

sekisuiusa.com
50 Humphreys Center
Memphis
(901) 747-0001



No comments:

Post a Comment