Friday, January 6, 2012

Cortona: Not a new restaurant, but new to me- it's in Midtown

I'm a downtown girl mostly, but I forget how much I like Cooper-Young.  Last night I tried Cortona Contemporary Italian.  Its been around since February, but this was my first go at it.  Its in the old Dish Restaurant location- which has been about million eateries in the last five years. 

The first thing that stuck out to me about Cortona was free valet and not illegal valet!  (These downtown/midtown restaurants love to illegally block off whole city blocks, and I love to be outraged about it.) But it was the BIG glasses of wine that hooked me.  The deal of the night, the Wine Mixer: three full glasses of wine accompany three courses, for $25. 

The food was good.  I had the asparagus soup and a "side" of angel hair pasta.  The "side" was enough for dinner and lunch today.  Cole (husband) had the salmon.  He said it was unbelievable.  He did wonder if they were hiding anything, because of the heavy sauce and saltiness.  Jane (mother-in-law) had the Tilapia special.  She says the fish dishes are the best in the city.  Chef David Cleveland came out to see how our meal was going- which is always nice.


I left wondering if its possible to die from being full....

http://www.cortonaitalian.com/
@CortonaMemphis

2 comments:

  1. wow!!sounds like a great deal...3 glasses of wine and three courses...for 25 $....was the wine decent?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The wine I had was really good, a Malbec, I also tried the pinot noir, also very good. The deal was a set menu, but still- what a deal!

    ReplyDelete